Weeknight Meals with the InstaPot: Chipotle Inspired Burrito Bowls
In my new COVID normal of grocery shopping online and amazon fresh for everything, I recently came across a kit that Tyson had been selling that I could not let pass by for experimentation purposes and just the cost of the meal in terms of output of how many servings ($8.99 to feed 5 people in my home) . My family is obsessed with all things tex mex in flavor and Chipotle so I figured why not bring some of those remnants home for a quick weeknight meal. Using your instapot during the week is a godsend somedays when you want a home cook meal but not all the fuss. The recipe embodies it all and can be customized to your liking. Give it a try and let me know you thoughts in the comment section!
Tyson foods hatch chile chicken and rice casserole kit
2 tbsp. of olive oil
1/2 cup of chopped onion
1/4 cup of chopped roasted bell pepper
1 cup of thawed frozen corn kernels ( I just leave them on the counter to thaw while the rest of ingredients are cooking)
1 can of black beans
1. Set the instant pot to sauté setting. Sauté the chicken thighs and onion and roasted bell pepper in oil olive for 5 minutes, while adding a pinch of salt and pepper while cooking.
2. When the chicken has browned, pour the rice over the top of the chicken thighs. Add 1 cup of water or a cup of chicken broth for added flavor depth.
3. Pour the sauce over the chicken thighs and rice. DO NOT STIR.
4. Lock the lid in place and turn pressure release valve to sealing position. Set manual High Pressure Cook setting to High for 20 minutes.
5. Once timer goes off, use Quick Pressure Release to release all pressure before carefully opening lid. Using forks, shred chicken thighs, add in corn and black beans mix, and let rest for 5 - 10 mins before serving.
6. Serve in a tortilla bowl warmed in the microwave for 10-15 seconds and top with toppings of your choice. In this house we like lettuce, some red onion, sour cream, cilantro, a dash of hot sauce or if you're really going for the Chipotle like experience a salad dressing by the name of roasted red pepper vinaigrette.