Meatball Mania: Air Fryer Meatballs for use a variety of ways
Updated: Feb 13, 2022
Versatility in a recipe when one is crunched for time but still wants something out of the ordinary is very important to me. I want to be the cook that has hours on days dedicated to meal prep and presentation and then I wake up and live in the realm of where I have to reheat my coffee 3 times in the span of an hour bc I have no time to drink it before it goes cold. Enter this recipe. One that can be jazzed up or down to meet the cuisine of choice (i.e. Italian, Asian, American), less fat due to no oil used (thank you air fryer), ready in 12 minutes (less than half the time of oven cooking/ thank you again air fryer) and some of the tastiest meatballs you will ever have.
· 1 pound ground turkey
· 1 pound ground sweet Italian chicken sausage
· 2 cloves garlic minced
· 2 eggs
· 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese (omit if your going a more sweet route, i.e. teriyaki style. Instead I like to add 3 tbsp. grated ginger and 1/4 minced green onion and )
· 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley chopped
· 1 tsp salt
· 1/4 tsp tsp freshly ground black pepper
· 1 1/2 cups Italian style breadcrumbs
· 1/2 cup milk (if you are going the Asian route use pineapple juice or coconut milk as the binding agent instead of milk)
1. Preheat Air Fryer to 400 degrees F.
2. In a bowl, combine ground meats. Add minced garlic, egg, grated cheese, chopped parsley, salt, and pepper.
3. Add bread crumbs and blend into mixture. Add milk. Shape into 1 1/2-inch meatball.
4. Place meatballs in a single layer in the Air Fryer basket and cook on 400 degrees F for 10-12 minutes. Cook in batches if necessary.
· Avoid over-mixing.
· Instead of using ground turkey, you can also use 1 pound ground beef, 1/2 pound ground pork, and 1/2 pound ground veal. Sometimes when I'm prepping Asian style meatballs I also like to go for ground chicken.